Your Own Personal Brie-sus
This one’s for those cold winter nights when you most need some cheesy comfort. A perfect single serving of luscious, oozing brie with garlicky roasted shrooms prime for dunking. It’s warm, creamy, and will give you that gravity blanket level of comfort with an orgasmic explosion of flavor.
I made this with Big Sur from Stepladder Creamery, but you can use any mini wheel of brie, like the Petite Brie from Marin French Cheese or a 4-oz slice of a larger wheel. If you hate mushrooms, try this with sweet potato wedges, carrots, or broccoli. Just keep in mind that roasting times will differ.
Personal Baked Brie with Garlicky Mushrooms
- 8 oz button mushrooms, cleaned with stumps trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Salt & pepper
- 4-oz wheel or slice of brie, room temperature
- Sliced green onion, to garnish
- Baking sheet
- Ramekin (I used the one leftover from Vermont Creamery St Albans)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, and thyme.
- Toss shrooms with the mixture.
- Season with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread shrooms onto the baking sheet, making sure they’re not crowded so they don’t get soggy.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until all golden on the outside. Set aside.
- Reduce oven to 250°F and let come down to temp for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the top rind off the brie.
- Place the brief in the ramekin and bake for 8-10 minutes, until all gooey.
- Let rest 5 minutes, then sprinkle with green onion and go to town.